A while ago I ran across a synchroblog event on the web. The idea alone was cool enough, but this particular event was aimed at bringing together voices who speak out on the common ground between us, it was called: “Bridging the Gap: Conversations on Befriending Our Gay Neighbors.” (Over 50 bloggers simultaneously posted articles on June 24th on the topic of bridging the gap between the church and the gay community.)
I was moved by what I read, and encouraged by all the various types of individuals out there who shared from their hearts. This impressive coming together of writers and hearts inspired me to create the “bridge builder award.”
The bridge builder award is pretty simple really. Think of a blogger or web writer you know who, in their connections with others, really has a heart for building bridges between all different types of people. Someone who leaves you with a little more hope, humor, humility, happiness.
Are you a bridge builder? Do you know a bridge builder? Nominate them here.
There are two “rules” for this award:
- The first rule is to write 3 ways you build bridges between yourself and others.
- The second is to nominate 3 of your favorite blogs/writers for this award.
A good blog friend of mine suggested that as an alternate to “rule 1″ above: “Perhaps your future awards should be where you provide the three reasons how someone bridges the gap and then the recipients respond to the award and the three reasons you provide.”
I think I will work on writing this up.
If you have been nominated, email me and I will happily send you the code for the badge.
Who are some of the amazing individuals who have already been nominated and awarded as Bridge Builders?
- Rebecca and Lorri at Truth and Love After 40
- Liz at Grace Rules
- Hugh at Meet Adam and Steve
- Lindsey at *![emphatic asterisk]
- Anita at Grace Unfolding-SisterFriends
- Queer Unity at the Queers United Blog
- Kathy at The Carnival in my Mind
- Phil at PhilShepherd.com
- Candace at Bulletproof Faith
- Rachel at The Sweet Bi and Bi
- Jude at Jaysays
- Birdie at Strelitzia Blog
- Karen at Pursuing God
- Andrew at Love is an Orientation
- Jules at The Wonderer